Sunday, January 6, 2008

My 50th Birthday Party


My 50th year is almost here...just two days to go...two days to go...and oh...what a birthday party I had yesterday...with a BIG birthday cake...a REALLY BIG BIRTHDAY CAKE...it had my upcoming age 5-0 written in big numbers across the top...it was my favorite cake with bananas and strawberries and real whipped cream...I blew out five candles...I made five wishes (I'm allowed to make more than one wish on my 50th birthday) and I ate a really BIG PIECE OF MY REALLY BIG BIRTHDAY CAKE!

All my friends came to my party...more than I've ever had at any of my previous birthday parties (my mom always made me choose a few kids to attend my birthday parties when I was younger...she said I had to choose six or seven girlfriends since my parties were always held at home in our small apartment...except for my Sweet 16...which was held at Mama Leone's Italian Restaurant in Manhattan...that was a great party too.)

But...for my 50th birthday my daughter invited all my girlfriends...more than six...it was a BIG BIRTHDAY PARTY...with 30+ girlfriends...it was simply the best birthday party I have had in a long...long time...(not that I can remember the last birthday party I had...think it was actually my Sweet 16...yep...it was my Sweet 16...was that really 34 years ago...OMG!)

I started off the day by getting my hair cut (still makes me feel good to get my hair cut...nothing beats a good haircut for making me feel better).

Then I went to get my make-up done at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics...Dolly, the make-up lady did a really great job...she convinced me to buy several items...let's see...what did I purchase...oh, yes:

...I bought the pink blush (it was a new color and it was a creme version...so I had to get it...especially after Dolly said it brightened my face...how could I resist...I need to have a bright face for my 50th year)

...and I bought the foundation with oil (Dolly said that at my age it was time to start wearing foundation with oil in it...no more oil free foundation for these wrinkles...I'll show these wrinkles who is in control)

...and then I bought the compact powder that Dolly said I should put on before I use the new pink blush and after I use the foundation with oil

...and I bought the lip liner and gloss to go with it...Dolly said that I should use a lip liner that is almost the same color as my lips and just put gloss on the center of my lower lip

Dolly is really smart when it comes to making faces look better...I hope I can duplicate Dolly's magic...probably not...since I didn't buy all the make-up brushes that she suggested...I had to set some limits...but I said I would return to purchase the rest of my beautiful face at a later date.

Nevertheless, I left the Bobbi Brown Cosmetic Counter not only looking great...but feeling great too...thank you Dolly for making my birthday face bright and cheery.

So...there are two more days until my 50th...two more days...but the celebration year has begun...my 50th birthday party was simply the best...I'll cherish the memories forever.

Judi

No comments: